Aug 2020 – One of the biggest problems with injection molding is warping. Warping is caused by inconsistent cooling especially when cooling happens too quickly. Eliminate that problem forever with one of our central chilling systems.
To make sure that the cooling process is gradual and long enough to prevent uneven stress on the molding material, you will need to have more control over the temperature. Temperature control is critical when it comes to creating a quality mold that doesn’t warp.
Using one of our chilling systems also means:
1. Protecting Your Equipment: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for years and years to come.
2. Increasing Production: by maintaining a constant and proper cooling temperature. This will increase the number of parts produced per hour, and will mean a significant reduction in the number of defective parts.
2. Less Waste: by supplying a consistent and reliable supply of the proper temperature to the process which translates into less scrap and waste.
3. Better Heat Transfer Rates, Less Maintenance and Downtime: because a chiller uses a closed water loop, a better quality of water will be used, resulting in better heat transfer rates, less required maintenance and decreased downtime.
4. Colder Water For The Process: a chiller can produce much colder water (or water/glycol mixture) than any of the other cooling alternatives, giving you certain advantages under some circumstances.
Temperature Corporation designs central chiller systems for the plastic processing industry. Our modular approach allows chillers to be added to the central system easily without shutting down the existing system. Combined with our chilled water and tower water pump packages, you have a complete cooling system that communicates the operating and fault conditions of each piece of equipment in the system to your plant PLC and can be expanded as your plant grows.
Our central chillers are available in four different configurations: indoor water cooled, indoor air cooled, outdoor air cooled and remote condenser air cooled and all are available with Dual Scroll compressors, or Single Screw compressors. The modular chillers offer a system that can be easily expanded, take up minimal plant floor space and can be serviced in place without shutting down the rest of the chiller system.