Temperature Corporation manufactures chilled water pumps and systems for process and cooling applications. An industrial pump tank set is basically a large reservoir holding the chilled or tower water. Chilled water pumps are common to both central chilling and cooling tower systems.
Each tank will have one or more chiller/tower pumps used to circulated the hot process return water to the chiller(s) or cooling tower(s), and one or more industrial pumps to circulate the cooled water to the process equipment.
Depending on the size of the system there may be two or three industrial pumps and as many chiller/tower pumps. A stand-by pump is recommended in case of pump failure.
We offer chilled water pumps including single pump tanks sets, three pump standby, and multiple tank sets for process and cooling equipment.
Single Pump Tank Sets
Single pump tank set can be used where the process water flow is constant and the flow is the same as the chiller.
Not recommended for cooling towers in a cold climate where the cooling tower can freeze.
Dual Pump Tank Set: is the most common type and has two pumps. One pump is dedicated to the cooling towers or chillers to maintain constant flow required by them to ensure maximum efficiency and safe operation.
The second pump is dedicated to the process to supply higher flows than the cooling tower or chillers would normally allow, and higher water pressure required by the varying process equipment demand.
Three Pump Standby Tank Sets
Three pump standby is the most common method to add a standby pump to the tank set. A third pump, the same capacity as the process pump, is installed on the frame between the two existing pumps with a common discharge header. Two isolation valves are located one on either side of the standby pump, if the process pump fails its discharge valve is closed, the isolation on the process header side is opened and you are in operation and the defective pump can be repaired. If the chiller or tower pump fails the same procedure is followed.
Structural Steel Supports
Structural Steel Supports can be welded to both the chiller and tower pump tanks so that chillers can be mounted above either.
Multiple Tank Sets
Multiple pump tank set has two or more chilled water pumps for the process and the cooling equipment. When high water flows are required, two or three industrial pumps will supply the required flow and save on total horsepower and pump cost.
- Chilled Water with 7 models to choose from.
- Starting from 25 tons through to 200 tons.
- Tower Water with 7 models to choose from.
- Starting at 40 tons through to 200 tons.
- Suction and discharge unions or flanges for pump removal.
- Suction shut-off valves and discharge flow control valves, check valves, pressure and temperature gauges.
- Discharge headers with isolation valves, temperature gauges and pressure gauges.
These ECONOMICAL all stainless steel tanks and pump supports are available in dual and three pump standby configurations. The Three Pump is the most common method with a standby pump and discharge header added to the tank set. The third pump, the same capacity as the process pump, is installed on the frame between the two existing pumps with a common discharge header. Available as a chilled water tank or cooling tower tank in 25, 50, 75 and 100 ton models.
Options For Both Models
- Larger pump tank models up to 750 tons capacity.
- Discharge single or dual basket or dual basket or “Y” strainers with isolation valves and alarms.
- Central control pump panel with door mounted fused disconnect, individual pump fuses, 120V control with fuse, run and fail lights, audible alarm with silence button.
- Central thermostats to cycle multiple chillers or cooling towers fans and pump.
- Sump pump assemblies with the same pump configurations as tank set systems.